Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fiji: A Tropical Delight or a State of Emergency?


Have a look at the cover for my Fiji romance.

Go on...

What do you see? A slice of paradise? Heaven on earth? An island delight? Yes, they are all clichés, and they are all tue – for me at least.

This book cover has the power to take me from stressed to smiling, and from overworked to holiday-mode. It has the ocean, the beach, a cocktail and a semi-naked man. What more can you ask for?

In good weather, Fiji is all that, and more. A complex of tiny South Pacific islands in the middle of nowhere, it is the romantic white-sand destination for Australians and New Zealanders alike, which is why I set one of my romantic novellas there.

So far, so good. Sadly, since the book’s publication in 2009, Fiji’s experienced severe political unrest as well as a devastating hurricane, described in the media as “fiercer than Katrina” and still raging as I write this.

So here’s the deal. For every copy of “Fiji on Fire, Fiji on Ice” sold in March and April 2010, I will donate $1.50 to Fiji Aid.

(http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=363)

No comments: